Cloudnine Weather LLC ("Cloudnine Weather", "we", "our", or "us") respects your privacy and strives to earn and keep your trust.
Questions regarding this policy and our practice should be directed to Cloudnine Weather, by email to [email protected] or [email protected], or by postal mail to Cloudnine Weather, 637B S Broadway St #131 Boulder, CO 80305.
Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning provided for such terms in the Terms.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Cloudnine Weather does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Cloudnine Weather learns that personal information of persons under 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Services, Cloudnine Weather will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a registered user or subscriber of Cloudnine Weather or any of the Services or otherwise set up an Account, then please contact Cloudnine Weather at [email protected] or [email protected] to have that child's account terminated and personal information deleted.
Public Forum Discussions and Comments
SECTION 1 - PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you, and about you from third parties, in the following ways:
- Your submission of information in connection with subscribing to alerts or newsletters.
- Your submission of information in connection with your creation of an Account, enrollment in the Services, or creation of a profile on our Website, through an application, or otherwise.
- Information received from you, from various scripts, analytics tools, and other software on our website or in the Services, or which is generated as a result of your interaction and use of our website, including without limitation any photographs, videos, comments, or other data you may upload and any meta data contained therein.
- Through cookies, web beacons, tracking technologies, and similar technologies, whether implemented by us or any third party.
- Information submitted by or obtainable from your internet service provider, software, computer, mobile device, or other method of accessing the Services (which you may be able to control through the settings of your software and devices).
- Information received from third parties, including without limitation information submitted by or available from any marketplace, store, social media network, or other service, website, or application that you use, which refers you to Cloudnine Weather, or which contains or embeds any of the Services or Content.
The information we collect will vary based on your use of the Services and information, actions you elect to take, and based on such actions the information and data you elect to submit (for example, if you elect to create an Account certain information will be requested, some of which is required to create the Account and some of which is optional). Based on the foregoing, the information we collect may include:
- Personal identification information, including without limitation your name, email address, phone number, address, zip code, and age, username, and password.
- Device and connection information, including without limitation details regarding your IP address, browser, operating system, screen display.
- Usage information, including without limitation what parts of our Services you are using, the length of time using the Services or any portion thereof, your interactions with the Services, and the frequency of your use of the Services or any portion thereof.
- Location information, to the extent provided or available from your internet service provider, device, software, or User Data.
- Tracking information and related personal information, including without limitation browsing patterns, history, referral source, search terms leading you to the Services, to the extent obtainable using cookies, beacons, website analytic services, or similar technologies.
- Information we receive from any third party, affiliate, referral source, a separate user of the Services, marketplace, store, social media network, or other service, website, or application that you use, which refers you to Cloudnine Weather, or which contains or embeds any of the Services.
- Information embedded in any User Content you submit, including any meta data, which may include without limitation identification information regarding the device which captured and/or edited such User Content, location information, personal information, technical information, or other information.
Cloudnine Weather does not store any credit card information. Cloudnine Weather uses a third party vendor which directly receives and stores personal credit card data, and manages credit card processing for subscriptions and transactions.
SECTION 2 - USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as set forth herein, your personally identifiable information will not be knowingly provided by Cloudnine Weather to third parties without your explicit permission. Cloudnine Weather may provide your information to third parties in aggregate with others' information, which does not allow you to be identified or contacted ("Aggregate Information"). For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of users of our site and the activities they conduct while on our site. We might also inform a hotel (that may or may not be an advertiser on our site) that "15 percent of our users live in California" or that "80 percent of our users have purchased a ski pass." Depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge for this information.
Among other uses set forth in this policy, we may use and/or disclose information we receive from you to:
- Provide the Services to you or send any information to you, including alerts, newsletters, or other materials.
- Enable you to access or use of certain Services, functionality, Content, User Content, Materials, or other portions thereof.
- Enable our tools to function properly.
- Cloudnine Weather employees, contractors, and agents in order to operate, optimize, improve, and/or further develop any of the Services.
- Send messages to you, notice to you, or otherwise communicate with you regarding your Account, the Services, and any customer service or technical support.
- Send periodic emails or other communications to you.
- Present User Content or comments you upload on our website or otherwise incorporate such User Content into the Services for other users to access and view.
- Administer any surveys, promotions, rewards, or other programs run by Cloudnine Weather or its vendors from time-to-time.
- Perform statistical analysis, customer evaluation, and other administrative or business analysis for our own internal purposes.
- Create aggregated information to provide to advertisers as described above.
- To third parties as necessary to submit and process payments, collect any amounts owed, or otherwise address any payment obligations or issues.
- A third party, subject to a reasonable obligation of confidentiality, in connection with any merger, acquisition, asset sale, financing, or other capital transaction.
- Third party suppliers and service providers, subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations, to the extent necessary for any portions of the Services or additional functionality associated with the Services to be provided to you.
- Professional advisors for business purposes.
- Governmental authorities, regulatory bodies, law enforcement, or other authorized persons to the extent required by law or deemed by us to be necessary, appropriate, or in the best interests of Cloudnine Weather or the public in connection with a request from the foregoing.
- With consultants hired by Cloudnine Weather, subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations, for the purposes of improving the Services or our business.
- You or any person with your Credentials.
- To the extent the permissions in your Account are set to allow it, to affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes.
SECTION 3 - SECURITY
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect the security of personal information that you share with us. However, no data transmission over the internet (or, with respect to our mobile services, over cellular phone networks) can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect Personal information, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
Except as set forth herein, we restrict access to your personal information such that those Cloudnine Weather employees, contractors, and agents who need to know such personal information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services or otherwise fulfill their obligations to us are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, we will have no obligation for the security, privacy, or confidentiality of any information which:
- You provide, directly or indirectly, to a third party, including without limitation through use of the Services of such third party, including without limitation through loading or clicking on any advertisements, accessing any information hosted by a third party, or otherwise submitting any information directly to such third party.
- Is in transit over the internet, as you are solely responsible for securing your connection, software, and hardware.
- Is disclosed as the result of the unauthorized access or use of such information from Cloudnine Weather which is (i) outside of Cloudnine Weather's reasonable control or (ii) is not prevented by Cloudnine Weather's reasonable security practices.
You are responsible for the security of all software, hardware, and devices you use in connection with the Services. You will ensure that you run proper anti-virus software, firewalls, anti-malware software, and enact any other necessary security measures to prevent the unauthorized access or use of the Credentials or the Services, or the capture of any personal or other information from you as a result of any keyloggers, virus, trojan, or other objectionable software.
We have no obligation with respect to any User Content you submit, including without limitation user comments, photographs, videos, and other media, and all such User Content will be shared or publicly available in accordance with the functionality of the Services. If you provide any User Content which contains personal information, location information, or other information, you are agreeing that such information may be made public and disclosed to all users of the Services.
SECTION 4 - YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES
If you would like to opt out from our sharing of your personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes you may do so exclusively through the following methods: (a) using an unsubscribe link in a communication from us; (b) by adjusting your settings in your Account through our website; or (c) contacting us at [email protected] or [email protected] and requesting that we opt you out of such sharing. We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
If you have signed up to receive our emails and prefer not to receive marketing information from this Service, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from this Service.
California Residents -- Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the business' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place.
As discussed above in Your Privacy Choices, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your personal Information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact Cloudnine Weather as described above.
SECTION 5 - COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
To enhance your online experience, we use "cookies" or similar technologies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information; however, once you choose to provide a site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
We, our third party service providers, advertiser or our partners may also use "web beacons" (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags) or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins. Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device.
SECTION 6 - COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD-PARTY SITES, AD SERVERS, SPONSORS
Some of our Services contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
We also use the services of reputable third parties to provide us with data collection, reporting and web analytics, as well as to assist with delivery of relevant content, marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit or set their own cookies. We, our third party service providers, advertisers and/or partners may also place web beacons for these third parties. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this privacy statement. We will have no obligation or responsibility with respect to any information collected by a third party. For more information on how our site may use third-party ad servers and your ability to opt-out of targeted advertising from such third party ad servers, please see the section below on "Third Party Ad Servers".
SECTION 7 - THIRD PARTY AD SERVERS
SECTION 8 - UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CONTACTING CLOUDNINE WEATHER
You can always contact us in order to delete your Personal information from our systems by emailing us at [email protected] or hel[email protected] You can always update the Personal information that you have provided to us and change your Privacy choices by updating the "My Account" section on the web site.
Any other questions? Contact Cloudnine Weather at [email protected] or [email protected]
We are headquartered in the United States and any information that you submit or we otherwise obtain will be transferred to, collected, and held in the United States. We may subsequently transfer such information to any other country or jurisdiction in connection with the authorized uses and disclosures of information set forth herein. By using the Services you consent to the collection transfer, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and agree that all use of your information will be governed solely by the laws of the United States.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Some browsers or other tools include "Do Not Track" (DNT) features which, when turned on, send a signal to websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked across websites over time. Cloudnine Weather does respond to DNT signals.
LAST UPDATED JULY 23, 2018